Saturday, April 19, 2008

Mom's Day Out

OK, so it's been a while since I had a bit of time away by myself... so yesterday, as a way to return my younger sister home from her Spring Break stay with me, I met my older sister in Baton Rouge. We met at the Mall of Louisiana and shopped there for a while, but then we left to find the MAIN reason we went shopping.

The Royal Standard. I've never been here before, and there are two in Baton Rouge. The shopping in here is FABULOUS! (remember Ace Ventura)... I found loads of things, but especially loved the old leather bound French books... (I tried to find Jane Austen, but didn't have enough time to search all of the shelves). Great purses (and LOADS of Vera Bradley) I even found more pieces of my luggage! Hurray!
Photobucket

They had great sugar molds,
Photobucket
amazing stuff to decorate the house with, great garden things
Photobucket
and even had a fluffy powder puff like my Maw Maw used to have...
Photobucket
We teared up a bit at that memory, but I may just have to go back and get my sister one for Christmas...

2 comments:

Tine said...

That sounds like good times! Love the fluffy powder puff :-)

Tonya said...

Great finds! I wish I would have know about Royal Standard, I would have loved to go there on my weekend!

Glad you had a nice getaway, a little time away always makes everything better : )