Sunday, April 6, 2008

I feel like a Rock Star!

In my new sewing studio that is...! I JUST finished the project and I had to of course take pictures to share! It took many hours of planning and browsing through the internet and magazines, and then a little over 16 hours of manual labor... but it was SEW worth it! Have a look around...

Here's the giant "Before" mess... I took the playroom away from the girls... hence the dusty Disney princesses... And Tinker Bell's fairy dust above the window...

Before

And here's the After!
work table wall

Here's some new shelving that I put up... complete with my Maw Maw's old cast-iron iron, and my original Auntie Cookie collage! I'm determined to fill that prissy cake stand up with even MORE prissy pin cushions...;-)
Design wall

The ever dreaded closet shot
closet

My desk area where I do all of my embroidery designs and blogging :-)
Desk area

This is the view from the door... Isn't it an inviting space? I love it! I love it so much that even though I'm DOG tired I think I'll get off of the computer and sew something!

after from door

and yes, I kept Tink... it felt like bad juju to take away the magic fairy dust!

Happy creating!

6 comments:

Vana said...

oh wow! Holly you have transformed the space! I love it! We are in the process of making me a studio/work space. Currently i work from my kitchen! I am so glad you got the stationery. The new prints are 8x10 and they can be customized to match any color you like of course....
Vana

Tine said...

Wonderful room! You did a great job. I think you were right to keep Tinkerbell :-)

beki said...

Wow, that's such a great space!

Tonya said...

just wanted to say that I love your new sewing room!

Also, I am from South Louisiana as well, Lafayette actually : ) I love how you call your grandmother Maw Maw, this is what my children call my mother, they call my dad Paw Paw. It sounds so southern : )

Vana said...

he he he....i just saw my stationery boxes on your shelf...
I thought you would love to see this, and get inspired....
http://heatherbailey.typepad.com/heather_bailey/2007/02/the_studio.html

My Beautiful Mess! said...

You have inspired me! I am TRYING to get motivated to do up my office. Your blog is wonderful and your office...You are a rock star!!