Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Have your cake – Sweet Shot Tuesday

023 50mm f1.8 Nikkor lens,

Unedited shot, straight from camera.

 

While I am playing with my new camera, I thought I’d share a shot of an easy summer desert. It’s a white cake box mix baked in a Bundt pan. I used my super simple powdered sugar icing spiked with some lemon extract. Delish. My girls like it with fresh sliced strawberries too. :-) It’s light and refreshing and perfect for these hot summer evenings. Enjoy!

Easy Bundt cake icing:

Combine 1TBS lemon extract with 1/3 c milk.

Stir in powder sugar until icing is thick and smooth.  (Approx 2.5 Cups)

Slowly pour over cooled cake.

Sweet Shot Day

 

5 comments:

Justine said...

lovely photo and blog

Mel said...

Great picture. Makes me hungry just looking at it!

Read some of your blog. Good stuff. I am also a proud owner of a Nikon D90. It was love at first sight!

Alicia W. said...

Damn! Your SOTC shot is awesome. I'm searching for something sweet to eat now that you have posted that damn picture, lol. :)

patty said...

you left a hysterical comment on my blog... i thought, oh, no! i've insulted someone w a naked bottom! i was so relieved to finish your comment and understand your "problem" w my picture! ;)

love your cake... listen... white cake mix is our favorite here. i LOVE anything almond, so last night, whilest making cupcakes w whitecakemix, i added almost 2 tsp of almond extract... it was divine.made the cake taste like from scratch.

shhhh... our dirty little cupcake secret... :)

Anonymous said...

mmmmm, sweet!!