Tuesday, July 20, 2010

D90 update

I thought about not posting so much about the camera and just putting up some pictures… But I thought I should let you know…

I LOVE this camera.

51y1yMVRo0L__AA300_

Nikon D90 DX 12.3MP Digital SLR Camera with
18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S VR DX Nikkor Zoom Lens

I was highly intimidated by the sheer awesomeness of this thing. I sat down last night while the girls were swimming and just dug right in. Using the quick start guide to identify the buttons, and then to further figure out where things were in my menus, I was able to feel comfortable with it in about 30 minutes.

51QdTh2mj7L__AA300_ Photo via Amazon.com

The D90 is very intuitive as far as adjustments to settings go. I also found out that it had more awesomeness than I thought.

Take your white balance adjustments for example. Usually you scroll through and find settings for daylight, shade, indoor lights, low lights, etc. and that’s all you see. In the D90, you can choose shade… and then use your wheel to adjust within the shade range. I’m sure all of you DSLR owners are nodding your heads like you knew that 5 years ago, but I just discovered it, so leave me alone.  You can also widely adjust the power of the flash… More awesomeness.

In that 30 minutes, I had most of the basics figured out and had a custom button set up. Such fun!

I’m off to find something to put up for Sweet Shot Tuesday. While you have some time, dig out your camera and link up with me!

 

1 comment:

Alicia W. said...

YES! That's exactly what I'm talking about. I love that your teaching us the "little things" about this beauty because it's totally going to help me out when I get mine in a few months. Keep on learning mama so you can take me under your wing and teach me all the tricks of the fabulous D90. :)