Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Recipe!

As an added part of my new routine, I've also tried to incorporate more vegetarian meals into our week. My husband is a meat and potatoes kind of guy... but he's doing well with it too. This is the salad I made to fill our 'tacos' last night... and the kids looooved it.

1 can black beans, well rinsed
1/2 small bag frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
1/4 med. red onion diced
1/4 c. cilantro
1/4 c. lime juice
kosher salt (to taste)
a few splashes of Tabasco

Mix all of the ingredients and let it sit for about 30 min. This lets the lime juice work itself in and makes the salad super tasty!

1 comment:

muralimanohar said...

Mmm..that looks good. I am already vegetarian (I have recipes on my site that my dh, who would be a meat and potatoes guy if we ate meat, loves, if you are interested), but I am trying to incorporate less carbs into our diet, and this fits the bill. Yum!