Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Paying it Forward

Photobucket

Katie over at Katie's Nesting Spot paid me a wonderful complement by giving me a blog award! Yeah! I love Katie. 1st, she's a teacher (kindergarten no less), so she automatically has a special place in Heaven reserved just for her. And she never comments on my horrible spelling... BONUS! She's very friendly and upbeat. 2nd- she leaves me comments and follows my blog!!! (I TOLD you I live for the attention)

So, per the "rules" of the award, I'm to say a few words and then Pay it Forward!

1. Say one thing nice to a man in your life... ( I guess because we all spend so much time hunched over the computers and ignoring them ;-) )

Levi, you are my best friend and my strength. I love you more and more every day. Even though I wont share my super fast laptop with you... ;-)

2. Measure success in your life or blog in six or more ways...

well, I’ll go 3 and 3…Our kids are still alive and kickin’; Levi and I know how to argue well (that is to say that we can argue and still be adults about it); Our family knows how much we love them

as for the blog… hmmm… I get comments (I’m a comment whore – sorry mom) and have followers!; Kim featured me on Today’s Creative Blog and it made me feel like a ROCK STAR; My own mother reads my blog!

Now to Pay it Forward to 5 of your favorite blog stops…

Kristen of Grace Violet. I LOVE looking at her projects (you MUST go see her valentines…) She always has great tutorials and they are always so well done that I really enjoy making her projects!

Lisa at A Spoonful of Sugar. Seriously, she has the best cupcake picture around… and she also has some very useful tutorials for crafty sorts of things as well. I never sit and think long enough to come up with my own ideas, I just copy them from other fabulous bloggers!

Kim at Endless Possibilities. She paints… and loves swatches just about as much as I do ;-) Her pictures are FABULOUS and she is GORGEOUS. And she’s not afraid to share her “Tales of Motherhood” like me.

Now the next two are actual professional design people. So gracious of them to share the love with all of us frustrated moms!!!

Linda of Restyled Home is BRILLIANT. And I always feel so giddy when she posts and when she comments on my posts. Her pictures are so great, and I love trying to get different ideas on how to incorporate some “Style” into my own house.

And finally, Brooke of Velvet and Linen. I seriously wish I could afford to fly her over here to Houston and have her work on my entire house. Her designs are soooo wonderful and her pictures are always great. Another great place to visit if you are looking for some great “Style” ideas.

Because there’s nothing new under the sun, and learning from someone’s idea is the ultimate in flattery, I can’t tell you all how much I love visiting your blogs and listening to your thoughts and ideas. I don’t always comment on everything, but I’m always lurking around and trying to dig up a bit of inspiration from my favorite group of ladies! Mwah!

To Pay your award forward, just copy the pic at the top and get to posting!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Thank you! I am flattered that you thought about me for an award! (Awesome dining room, by the way!)

Velvet and Linen said...

Thank you Holly for this wonderful award and all of your kind thoughts about me and my blog.
I am so honored to be included!

xo
Brooke

Elle Jay Bee said...

You are too kind! What a fancy label you gave me! I am actually just a small-town girl who calls herself a home stylist and tries to think outside the box to counteract the small selection of shops in my little town from which to choose from. I do many things on the "cheap" out of either necessity or because I like the challenge.

The stuff you do is beyond prefessional!! I will announce this on my blog and send some folks your way.

Thanks for the honour!
Linda

Kim said...

WoW!! What high complements! Thanks - and I'm gorgeous?? Will you be my best friend?????