Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Recycle, Reuse

This is my version of going green…

Remember these curtains?

2008_0317Nicole4thdress0181

I love this linen…. it’s nubby and rough, breezy, light, beautiful. Of COURSE I didn’t leave them at the house when we sold it. I’m quirky, not crazy!

I finally found this cable system at Ikea to hang up the curtains in my new master bedroom, here in Texas. This kit requires help to put up for sure… which is why it became a weekend project for Hubs to help me with… look at these weird pieces!

curtain cable assembly          

I wanted a very clean, light look… we ended up having to rig some bracing on the long wall, because that darn linen was just too heavy for the cable, but hey, in the end I love it, so who cares.

curtain

Ok, so here I’m about to show you a before shot of my room… eh, yeah… we still had moving boxes in our bedroom from a year and a half ago… But they are gone now, so that’s what matters right?

messy room

I’ve always hated this room because the bed never felt just right… then I figured it out. I HAVE to be able to see the bed from the door. Before it was off to the side and just felt… well… off. But now, I’m totally in love with it, even though I probably feng shui’d us into poor health or something… I also exchanged two table lamps for those bending arm wall mounted ones. That really helps control the clutter on the bedside tables.

Whatcha think?

bed2 

final

Momma likes.

Don’t forget the iTunes giveaway!

5 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Girl you went from DRAB to fab!!!! I think it looks amazing!!!

suzanne

Brittany at Mommy Words said...

It looks awesome! I came for Disney but I am all about DIY! I build lots of stuff to make my space JUST right! Great job - now off to find those Disney posts and become a follower!

Trisha said...

I love it!!!That bedroom looks incredible! I love the soft light!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful room. You did a great job. The room is so romantic looking now. That is good.
QMM

ablancspace said...

oh wow this is beautiful
I just bought the curtain wire for my little girls room
and my curtains ended up just being too heavy
got a regular rod now and saving the wire for art work!
I love the curtain tops too
it looks like lovely light too
x justine