Thursday, July 17, 2008

Holy Cow

This is my 4th post today!!! Can't you tell my kids are gone! LOL! I'm giving my new baby a workout tonight :-) Hubby got a new NCAA Wii game, so he'll not be in to sleep for hours. I've eaten a fabulous berry desert from Macaroni Grill and have been surfing around in blogland for about 2 hours now. All the while, I've been watching Pride and Prejudice... again... I've watched the A&E version with Colin Firth (ahhhh...) twice this week, and this is the 3rd time I've had the Keira Knightley version on this week. I love to listen to them while reading Austen-ish books. At the moment I'm mid-way through The Women of Pemberley by Rebecca Collins. It's ok. It's the 2nd of her P&P inspired novels, and the first one (The Pemberley Chronicles) was much better. I just love a comfortable movie. For me, Pride and Prejudice is the top, but it ranks among any Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, or Julia Roberts movie. One that you can pop in and out of and still know full well what's going on and not have missed a beat. And the language! I feel like Lady Catherine when saying this, but had I been a writer I would have been very proficient.... except when it came to spelling ;-) Now that I've bugged everyone sufficiently for the night, I'm logging out and watching the show! Have a great summer night Yall!

4 comments:

Jona Giammalva said...

Best movies EVER. I love both versions of Pride and Prejudice. I love the beautiful photography in the Keira Knightley one but I love Colin Firth in the other on. I can't decide which Mr. Collins I prefer, they are both so incredibly obnoxious! I sit with my daughters and we just giggle and giggle together while watching them.

Anonymous said...

You have the same taste in movies as I do. If you're ever bored and need somewhere ELSE to search in blogland check me out
http://whereisyourheart.typepad.com
Happy FRIDAAAY!!!
-Laura

Rachel said...

Have you read "The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen" by Syrie James? I think you would enjoy it. Great job on the bed, it looks beautiful.

Vana said...

you lucky you! Enjoy!