Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Shape up or ship out


Or should I say Shape up AND Ship out... I've hit a lull in the progress of my workouts. It happens to everyone, I know... but I'm running out of time people!!! Do you know how long it is before Summer??? I honestly can't believe tomorrow is April 1st. Which gives me just over 60 days to get my butt (literally) ready for that cruise. I guess my body knows that I always work better under pressure.

That crazy chic from MTV of yesteryear caught my eye on this month's Shape cover. Now, I'm not sure Jenny McCarthy was at all sober when we were all younger. However, for a while now, I've admired her greatly. She has written some really great books, most recently about her quest to nutritionally help her son's autism. She really is quite amazing and has certainly come a long way. And COME ON... Look at her! Photoshop couldn't make Me look like that... so more power to her! Between her and Valerie Bertinelli... a girl could get a complex... they are two hot mommas!

Anywho, back to Shape. I went online to look up some new inspiration to kick my butt into gear. Shape's website is FABULOUS! There is so much free information on there, I'm shocked they are still selling actual magazines (even though I actually DID pick up a copy to read in car line). Their Workout tab has oodles of great moves, play lists, cardio routines, etc. I signed up for a 2 week newsletter that sends me a new cardio and strength training routine each day. I thought it would be a fun way to beat the workout blahs. And while today was a moderate cardio only day, that 45 minutes on the elliptical still worked up a good sweat. And burned over 650 calories, thank you very much.

So spend some of your "non-workout" time online. You'll be amazed at the information you can find... and it might just help you get your rear in gear!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hey Holly! I am a follower of your blog (and you'll know me as Grammy Chris at SLY) I've been enjoying your workout blogging. I've been trying to lose some excess baggage myself. You're doing great! Keep up the good work.

Jo said...

I really need to get focused! My current workout consists of arm exercises starting from the counter/table to my mouth(about 25 reps) ~ not exactly what trainers suggest!

Good luck!
Jo