Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Life with my 3 Boybarians

A day or so on Twitter, Darcy of Life with my 3 Boybarians threw out a question into the great unknown… Do any of you shoot with a point and shoot… Well, of COURSE I had to answer that call! I am still loving my Canon G11… and I’ve had it for longer than 6 months… which is usually well beyond the honeymoon stage for me and a camera. She asked for one or two of my favorite shots… and these are a few of mine…

This was our maple tree in early February… it’s an untouched shot… I could have played with the color and whatnot… but I just loved how this pic came out so close to the natural color of the tree.  It’s one of my all time favorite macro shots.

225

The second picture is from our trip to New Orleans during Superbowl weekend. We lived in Mandeville (across the lake on The Northshore) for 12 years. We spent countless hours wandering around the lakefront park… which found itself bearing the brunt of Hurricane Katrina. The beautiful old enormous house that stood facing the lake behind this fence for decades was swept away by the storm, but the wonderful old iron fence still remains.

fleur fix

And because I couldn’t leave well enough alone, I had to put this one up again… I don’t know why I love this shot so much… other than it’s my baby’s typical grin and her hair is in her face… Love. It.

jillian fix

So there you have it folks. You don’t need to have a DSLR to take some really fantastic and lovely shots… just play with that point and shoot until you get it right!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Exactly! I have a simple point and shoot also. It IS possible to make really GOOD photos with it. Yours are GREAT.

Darcy @ m3b said...

Those are wonderful! ;)