Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What a difference…

OK, so I’ve been bugging so many of my friends lately… I wanted to get a new camera, but I didn’t want to start lugging around a suitcase just to take shots of the girls at dance.  I tweeted about it, I begged for information on Facebook… I pestered my friend in carline at school… and today I finally made the decision.  I follow ScottBourne on Twitter.  He works with Photofocus and always has great tips.  I narrowed down my choices to a Nikon D3000 with a smallish lens, one of the Canon Rebels, and a TOL point and shoot from Canon.  The G11.  Ahhh… I am SO glad I asked some pros! Scott suggested this little beauty and I finally drove to Best Buy this morning.  I looked online and shipping was ridiculous… because you know, I have to have it RIGHT NOW instead of waiting for the 2-5 day shipping… The Nutcracker IS this weekend, you know… (work with me… I’m trying to justify buying my own Christmas present here)… I charged her up and took a before and after new camera shot to show the difference…

The shot on the left is from my Panasonic Lumix TZ3 and the right is from the G11.  Both were on Low light portrait scenes, at 800 speed, with the same white balance, no flash-just my dining room overhead light… And neither of the pictures were doctored on the computer…Do you see all of that noise on the Lumix picture? And the washed out color?  I think I made a good decision on the upgrade, No? :-) See there…. TOTALLY JUSTIFIED…

            P1030356   IMG_0012

No comments: