Sunday, June 14, 2009

Loving the one you’re with…

Several weeks ago I got an itch… NO, not THAT kind of itch… The project itch… It started out as a pool itch… until we got the quote… The kind of itch that lead me to agree to show my home (which isn’t for sale) to a couple (who LOOOVED my house) and then drag a realtor around in a mad dash to find “The” house for us… so we wouldn’t have to deal with putting our own pool in… because apparently, in MY world, moving isn’t as much of a pain in the ass as putting in a pool would be. Are you following what I’m saying?

You should know… I AM medicated. OBVIOUSLY it wasn’t working!

Well, long story short, they bought a house with my floor plan but one extra garage bay. :-/ I wont even BEGIN to publicly announce the sorts of names I called these people. Let’s just say we learned an valuable lesson.

Love the one you’re with!

Because we weren’t willing to list our house (because that takes effort) or to drop 1/2 a million dollars on a new place, we decided to work on the efficiency of this house. You know… the one we moved into 9 months ago? The one we purposefully chose because it was cute, and had charm, and was well below our budget. Yeah… cute and charming only got me so far. What it didn’t get me was STORAGE!

So in the name of efficiency, I’ll be working on a series of posts dedicated to making what you have work for YOU! There are so many ways to take your space and Kick it up a notch. There is no ONE way to do it… just look at what you need your house to do, and then help it along it’s way.

First up… The KITCHEN

More specifically, the cabinet under my range and a few of my utensil drawers. We initially had to buy new silverware holders because the drawers in the new kitchen were more narrow than the old house… but every time you closed the drawer it would slide all over the place. So I had “Honey” put in these…

P1030016

P1030018

Muuuuch better…

Then we tackled the pots in the cabinet. Has anyone ever weighed their Le Creuset pot? Those things are darn heavy!

P1030009

See Honey?

You too can be handy!

Look what Honey did! Can we have a collective round of applause for Honey? Yeah!

P1030030

These are full extension stainless steel drawer systems that we picked up from Lowes. I LOVE that I can put my heavy cast iron in the back and still be able to get to it when I need it. FYI… the reason we didn’t do the wooden drawers… The metal ones let you put your lids in vertically so that you can save space! The drawer organizers are a bamboo system that you can mix and match to your needs… also from Lowes.

I’m sure by now you are wondering how many posts in one day I’m going to do… I will apologize to my lovely followers in advance. Once I catch up on the posts, I’ll get back to a regular schedule!

No comments: