Thursday, September 23, 2010

I am a baker, not a decorator

Kim has a linky set up for cakes and cupcakes… Oh MAN is my sweet tooth killing me right now… Looking at all of her yum-o pictures REALLY makes me want to bake. Alas, I have dance class to shuffle the kids to this evening. I thought about baking I’ve done…

image

image image 

image

I think it’s pretty evident that I am a baker… NOT a decorator… I can’t pipe frosting to save my life. Maybe it’s lack of practice, or too much caffeine… I just can’t get the hang of it. That’s why I try to find other ways to decorate cupcakes and cakes… The truffle filled seashell chocolates are STILL my favorite stroke of genius.

Kim is having a giveaway tomorrow… Friday, Sept. 24th. It’s for this sweet baby… The Martha Stewart Cricut for Cake…

image

Now, I’ll be honest… Kim’s got like 5 million followers so I’m not gonna cross my fingers about winning this one, so I’ll probably never have one. But don’t you know I could make a gorgeous cake using this thing!!!! It would really make decorating so much fun. I can just see free standing swirls on top of butter cream frosting… Endless possibility.

No comments: