Thursday, August 6, 2009

In “The Mood”

Is it just me, or do you have to be “in the mood” to sew, craft, etc.?

I have been putting off a gift for so long that now it’s finishing up just in the nick of time.  Sometimes, for me, fear of screwing something up just makes me freeze up.  My friend tells me I’m a perfectionist… but I don’t see it.  Otherwise, my house would be done, I’d be 40lbs lighter, and my hair would be great. 

Anyway, because I’m sure the new Momma doesn’t have the time to look at my blog right now, I thought I’d share a pic.  Sometimes little projects like this can push me into the creative mode (aka – The Mood).  Alas, I’m packing to take this little burpie out of town, so more sewing (and blogging) will have to wait til next week.

 

P1030155 

5 comments:

Jo said...

I agree, I think you have to be in the mood to create. If you're not, it becomes work and isn't fun.

Love the gift you made!

Jo

Anonymous said...

I agree that I have to be in a mood to sew myself. Otherwise, I end up spending more time with the seam ripper and the sewing machine. Grrr! Cute gift!

southerninspiration said...

Yes, gotta get in the mood and the groove. I can relate to the perfectionist tendencies. I don't start a lot of things for that very reason....sigh.

Suzanne

Trisha said...

I love it! I SO have to be in the mood. I hate that! I also have to be in the mood to clean! How lame is that?

OK My new favorite show starts next week! Mad Men! Thank you for posting about it or I never would have know about it!

muralimanohar said...

No, no, it's perfectly possible to be a perfectionist, with a disaster of a house. Those perfectionist tendencies can completely paralyze you while you try work out the absolutely perfect way you should do the job. True story. It also applies to the sewing. Fear of cutting that fabric, because OMG..what if RIGHT AFTER YOU SNIP, you come up with the PERFECT IDEA??? The HORROR!! Oh, man, can I so relate. :p