Sunday, June 29, 2008

Summertime and the living is

LAZY.... WHEW! The heat is on here in the good ole South.... and I don't feel like doing a darn thing but playing with the girls, reading, watching good movies (like Charlotte's Web for the ump-teenth time), and just being lazy with the girls.

I haven't been sewing, cooking, painting, crafting, NOTHING... But I have been taking the time to reflect upon my present state of living. I think we don't say how thankful we are for the people in our lives often enough.

I was just posting a comment on a fellow bloggers site... In a nutshell it said this...

I'm thankful for a wonderful husband who (after 12 or so years) still thinks my "Freshman 15...hhhmmm 40.... is fabulous.

I'm thankful that God, in his divine-but sometimes questioned wisdom, blessed me with the care of two future mommies.

I'm thankful to find other women (via blog-land) who question their sanity, abilities, moralities, etc.

and I'm thankful for a lazy Summer where I can savor my girls youth and optimism, and for the readers in said blog-land who understand when I don't feel like doing much blogging.

... and I'm thankful for big sis who came for a visit, and thankful when she left! ;-) Love ya Sis!

Hope you are all having a happy lazy Summer!

4 comments:

beki said...

Amen! I've been lazy too - it's what feels right at the moment.

Vana said...

Holly, i love this post! I am thankful for people like you who help me reflect on my daily life. Enjoy the summer dear with all its wonders...I don't feel like doing much myself. It's much easier doing nothing:)

Arlene said...

Cute blog - it is like visiting Louisiana without leaving my home - how fun! I love some of your pictures!

Kim -today's creative blog said...

YOU! You are my feature today!
:)